Top Expungement Attorney serving Burlington, Graham, Mebane and North Carolina
Your case may be over, but your record will stick with you for all to see.
Even if your case was dismissed, your criminal record could still stand between you and your dream job. The solution you’re seeking is an expungement. All public records of your charge and/or conviction will be erased.
North Carolina law states that once an expungement is granted, you don’t have to say that you were ever arrested or stood trial for the expunged offense.
Read the law here: “no person as to whom such an order has been entered… shall be held thereafter under any provision of any law to be guilty of perjury, or to be guilty of otherwise giving a false statement or response to any inquiry made for any purpose, by reason of the person’s failure to recite or acknowledge any expunged entries concerning apprehension, charge, or trial.”
What offenses are eligible for North Carolina Expungement?
- Drug Offenses for Persons 21 and under
- Misdemeanor Possession of Alcohol (Under 21)
- Misdemeanors Committed before 18th Birthday
- When charges are dismissed or there are findings of not guilty.
- First offenders (21 and younger) of certain toxic vapors/drug paraphernalia charges.
- Non-violent felonies committed under the age of 18
- Older Nonviolent Misdemeanor and Felony Convictions After 15 Years
Any charge or conviction will affect your future. This can affect your career, family and finances. If you’re eligible for expungement, contact the team at Hanford Law immediately to start the fight for your future.
Seek help from an experienced lawyer
The attorneys at Hanford Law have over 30 + years of combined experience fighting for your future. We approach each case without judgment and bias. Our job is to protect your future by doing everything in our power to get your eligible case expunged. Contact us from a Free Consultation today at (336) 570-2211.